Guadalajara, Mexico trip
21 - 25, November 2007
My Guadalajara trip went
great. I enjoyed every bit of the culture, food and the
Tequila during the trip. Check out the pictures I have shot
in the photo gallery. The people were friendly and I also go
to meet a lot of travelers during my 4 day stay in the city.
This trip also forced me to practice my broken Spanish. I
wish I could stay longer in a Latin American country to
really brush up on my Spanish.
The most difficult part of this trip was to find a long term
parking lot in San Jose. The parking lots were getting
filled up very quickly on the day I left for Mexico. I
managed to find a spot in the long term parking I normally
use, many people were not so lucky. When I got back from
Mexico I had to transit at LAX. The baggage claim from
Mexicana airlines was delayed by an hour and I almost missed
my connecting flight to San Jose. Its funny that things were
pretty smooth in Mexico.
17, November 2007
What do I think after using
my iPhone for a month ? Here is my review:
After Apple dropped the price by $200 I felt that the 8GB
version was reasonably priced given its features and being
an apple fan. It was a breeze to setup the phone. I could
very easily move my existing number and also sign up for an
AT&T account. Within an hour I was all setup and ready to
use the phone. The iTunes program is used to setup the phone
and at the same time I got my music library sync to iphone.
Here are some of the features which really standout in the
1) Ease of use - The user interface is a brilliant design,
2) The mail features are easy to setup. You can configure to
receive your AOL or Gmail on the iPhone.
3) The 2M pixel camera works great and the pictures get
downloaded to iPhoto when you sync your iPhone.
4) The browser is awesome. You have a fully functional
safari browser on the phone.
5) I use the weather feature a lot especially to check
weather in multiple cities. This feature work will with slow
6) Stocks can be monitored.
7) Cover flow is ipod is definitely impressive.
8) Calender and SMS features work pretty well too.
Who should have iphone ?
1) If you are a heavy iPod user (at work and in the gym)
2) Need emails and Internet on the go
3) An Apple fan
4) If you don't mind the switch to AT&T
5) Have access to WiFi a lot and can live with the slow Edge
Final conclusion: If you do get it you will not repent a